Tuesday 6 May 2014

Strawberry Banana Smoothie



I've been trying to get back to healthy eating (which for me right now is no grains, no sugar) since I got back from San Francisco.  It's been tough.  Once I break the habit it's hard for me to get back to it.  But nothing convinces me better than a fresh smoothie.



Here is a delicious strawberry banana smoothie, with no added sugar, and no dairy. I love it and my kids love it too.



Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Simple Smoothie


Prep Time:

Cook Time:

Yield:1 mason jar



Ingredients:

  • 4 strawberries, trimmed
  • 10-12, 1/2 inch slices of frozen banana
  • 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used Almond Coconut Almond Breeze)
  • 1/2 cup crushed ice (approx 3-4 large cubes)


Instructions:

  1. Add milk to blender, followed by ice and then fruit. Blend until smooth. Adjust liquid amounts for your tastes. This makes a thicker smoothie, about the size of a mason jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...