Friday 2 May 2014

Cake Inspiration




Just updating from earlier with some pictures. We had a great cake delivery today and I wanted to share these cakes here, even though they are not gluten free, for inspiration. I bake gluten free for my household, but for other people I bake regular cake, with wheat flour. I find inspiration all over, and I think I research food even more now that I am Celiac.  Hopefully these cakes can inspire someone to make gluten free versions too (or even keep it gluten-y if you can eat it :)

I missed pictures of three of the cakes because I didn't have my memory card in the camera - food blogger fail. So they are stuck in the camera for now.

The first cake is a chocolate three layer cake with a beautiful strawberry swiss meringue buttercream. This is such a pretty icing style for a large cake.




*note these are not gluten free cakes, but during my testing process I make them gluten free so I can taste some.  For this cake, I'd use a GF chocolate cake recipe but still use the strawberry SMB because it's so good. I hadn't had refined sugar for about two months before making and tasting this, and YUM.





This is a chocolate fudge cake, also three layers, with salted caramel Swiss meringue buttercream inside and chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream on the outside.  Love this icing style too.


And cheesecake..  This was a no bake samoa cheesecake.  I also made a lemon cheesecake, New York style cheesecake, and a peanut butter fudge cheesecake, some of which I tested myself with GF oreo style cookies by Kinnikinnick.

Ok back to gluten free for the next post, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...