Sunday 15 March 2015

Layer Cake Share - Frozen Theme Birthday Cake Ideas





Today I thought I’d share a cake decorating idea. I made this one for my niece’s 5th birthday, as requested, in the style of the movie, Frozen.  The characters were from a game board I gave her as a gift.



So I started out with a 4 layer chocolate cake.  I filled each layer with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream, and iced the outside in the same.  I tinted some of the icing with blue food gel from Wilton and then swirled it with white, mixing the two together a little bit where they met at the bottom of the cake.  



I sprinkled the sides and tops with blue and white decorating sugar and snowflake sprinkles.



For the top, I melted white chocolate wafers, tinted half of that with the same blue gel paste, and then spread them out on silicone baking sheets to let dry.  Then I used a pizza cutter to cut them in the shapes of ice shards and stuck them in on the top of the cake.

I’d love to see pictures if you make something similar! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi thanks we tried to is at home and it was so easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! love this cake! I am trying to do the chocolate shards, however it is turning green when I add the blue food colouring. Would you know how to get the right colour? thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...