Friday 24 April 2015

Tangy Chickpea Hummus


Today’s recipe is a fun naturally gluten free recipe.  I make hummus pretty regularly because my daughter really loves it. So do I, but whatever gets her to eat more vegetables (for dipping) then I’m all for it. 



This particular recipe came about after I made the salt and pepper crackers in the photos (recipe coming next week) and I wanted a hummus with a bit of a tart kick instead of a classic hummus which I normally make. 


Adding greek yogurt gave it a new tanginess that I thought went really well with the crackers, but this recipe tastes just as good with veggies dipped in. Or spread on a corn or rice cake. I hope you try it too.

For dairy free, just leave out the yogurt and add water a tablespoon at a time, until it reaches the texture you like.

What’s your favorite hummus? Or favorite dip if you don’t eat beans?








Tangy Chickpea Hummus

chick pea hummus with greek yogurt

Yield: about 2 cups

Preparation time: 5min

Cook time: 0min

Ingredients:
  • 1 (19 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/3 cup tahini
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons neutral oil (I used grapeseed)
  • about 3 tablespoons water, plus more for creamier hummus
  • salt & pepper, to taste
    Instructions:
      1. Add everything, except the water, to a food processor and blend until combined.
      2. Add the water, one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the consistency you prefer.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...