Friday 3 October 2014

Very Vanilla Cake - Switch it up!



This isn’t a new recipe. The cake recipe I used for this graduation cake is my Very Vanilla Cake recipe. I just switched up the decoration process. Instead of fondant, I used a salted caramel swiss meringue buttercream (just a swiss meringue buttercream with added homemade caramel sauce) for in between the layers and covering the whole cake. I then used a fudge buttercream for the piped swirls. I love having a good base recipe, it enables you to completely change the look and flavor so easily. From an Olaf kids cake to a bit fancier for a high school graduation, a transition made easy. 




I used this same cake recipe for a Star Wars themed birthday cake too. 




How would you decorate a vanilla layer cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...